Learning Of Experimential Therapy
Other individuals dependent who are recuperating sense uneasiness when dealing with their issues under classic rehabilitation environment. The subject of addiction treatment is viewed differently by experimential therapy, which takes the treatment into the outdoors, the art studio and various other locations.
Experimential therapies are hands-on, connecting with exercises that help recouping addicts process and adapt to past injury.
Some recouping addicts might be uncomfortable conversing with specialists in a customary directing setting Exploratory treatments place recuperating users in the settings wherein they could feel at ease, like in the open area or in a workshop or recording studio.
The idea is handling the repressed emotions with treatments and methods that are not typical.
Experimential therapy can include activities such as
- Rock climbing
- Ropes courses
- Music based therapy
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreational activities
- Adventure therapy
Hidden feelings and disturbances are hard to process, so the experimential therapy allow the addict to become more conscious about what he or she have on the inside to handle these emotions in a good way. A drug user on the mend can learn how to deal with these issues without resorting to drug use with the help of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Helping Addiction With The Use Of Experimential Therapy
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. The recovering addicts we get an opportunity to learn to cope with everyday stressors such as cravings and substance abuse triggers with the help of experimential therapy.
Experimential therapy has been proven as an effective method in treating a number of disorders that can co-occur with addiction. A setback is less likely when the addiction and the psychological triggers are treated at the same time.
Experimential Therapy And Methods
In order to work on the unique issues of each addict, the experimential therapy uses specific activities to treat them.
It may be easier for the therapist to evaluate the patient accurately during experimential therapy since they may be less guarded at this point.
Co-occurring Mental Disorders For Experimential Therapy Treatments Include
- Feelings of despair
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unhealthy eating behaviours
- PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Combining Experimential Therapy And Other Treatments
Exploratory treatment goes nicely with some techniques in therapy such as CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and MET or Motivational Enhancement Therapy to concentrate on modifying self destructive conducts. The skills that are taught in these practical environments are life skills that the recovering user will be able to apply later in life.
Any treatment program should start with medically supervised detoxification because withdrawal symptoms can be both painful and dangerous. Both inpatient and outpatient recuperation projects can treat withdrawal side effects amid detox. Many treatments could be applied together with exploratory treatment to cure the user in recuperation appropriately following this.
Experimential therapy is quite often used along with traditional techniques of rehab and helps to create a comprehensive treatment program for the recovering addicts.
Experimential Therapy Usually Includes
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Uses therapeutic activities with horses to help the addicts.
- In these sessions, the patients walk, feed, harness and groom the horses.
- A patient's emotional and mental condition can be revealed depending on how they interact with the horses.
- Identifying and dealing with the damaging emotions that the addicts many not even know they have is what Equine-assisted psychotherapy aid to do to the addicts.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where in the users envision an agonising circumstance whilst a counsellor guides them by particular movements of the eye.
- EMDR has proven as an effective method in helping addicts going through the recovery process to alleviate any negative emotions and feelings of distress, which can lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Therapy
- Outdoor activities such as biking, climbing, camping and hiking can all be part of this therapy.
- Providing addicts an opportunity to develop personal responsibility, communication skills and the skills to solve problems while working within a group setting is the objective of adventure therapy and addicts receives the help that is required to achieve the ends.
- Art Therapy
- This is where patients use art and/or music to express themselves.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Acquire The Full Cure You Are Entitled To
If you are having problems with substance abuse, give us a call to find you an addiction treatment program. Some medication recovery focuses have some expertise in experimential therapies, with obstruction courses, shake climbing dividers and craftsmanship studios on their premises. You can now get the medical and therapeutic help you need to overcome your substance addiction in many treatment centres in the country call us on 0800 246 1509.